MAID - MaidSafeCoin

Looks like a firm buy wall been up there for a few hours

i’ve been watching the book, the order goes in and out, don’t know whats the strategy of the guy. Don’t think it’s for real

Yeah, that buy wall seems to come and go. My guess is that it’s a strategy to confuse bots and make them react in a certain predictable way which can be used for an advantage of sorts. Pure speculation but I can’t see any other valid reason for it to come and go like it seems to

It does seem like a tricky buy wall; it is much lower now, so obviously doesn’t seem like they are really trying to buy for 1k btc…

A 1300 BTC sell off just occurred and dropped MAID to a low of 22659 from 24750

1 Like

https://forum.safenetwork.io/t/maidsafecoin-price-and-trading-topic/5869/379

I think that that deposit may have had something to do with the intent of the 1k buy wall, I think it’s two parties negotiating a price.

Check out what MAID was like 15 months ago…

8 bitcoins of buy orders

and now 600+ btc buys

And where it’s at nowadays

… looks like you were bang on the ‘30%’ pull back !! let’s just hope it will base here :o

1 Like

I appreciate how great the list looks; while everything else is down, MAID doing its thing.

Someone dumps 7m maids, people buy, people who care that the real value is realized… So once we get some on teh cheap, only then let her rip !!

4 Likes

The dynamic I am seeing is, short selling. What happens is speculators sell their MAIDs then they use their bitcoin and leverage sell more MAID they do not own at 2.5x more. Knowing this, if the price goes above the short sellers entry price by 20% those traders will be in a position of force liquidation, they must buy back at higher than what they sold at making a loss.

This is how MAID manages to pull off days where 100% gains can happen.

Short sellers are complacent with holding long term since the interest rates are low. Then one day someone decides they want to own MAID, and it happens that many traders are caught on the wrong side of it. Whereas people mostly buy MAID just to own it, and without leverage.

1 Like

I’ve got a few loans that are still active for many days and a few thousand MAID has earned me over 300 MAID. I got a good interest rate when the height of activity was on.

Now all that is left is for some bitcoins to strike the market, and start the chain reaction again.

2 Likes

seems like our crashers had different plans :\

1 Like

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/maidsafe-development/fXbr783Uo8k

gobiw.com Chinese exchange eager to list maidsafecoin

4 Likes
3 Likes

We nees SEC to be trade on other exchange too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

uhm look at that wall, sick…

1 Like

It’s even getting tested if someone really intends to buy and keep, can only imagine where price will rally to in order to convince them to sell again :wink:

A good place to keep these on forum.safex.org is in this thread:

Latest dev update from MaidSafe
https://forum.safenetwork.io/t/maidsafe-dev-update-22nd-march-2016/8102

1 Like

Low volumes days today, must be the holidays;